F7/MERV 13 pollen filter on the supply air outlet?

F7/MERV 13 pollen filter on the supply air outlet?

Postby LordLiverpool » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:28 pm

I have a Brink Renovent heat recovery ventilation system and I've opted to put an F7 pollen filter on it as well as the standard G4 filters. I think F7 filters are MERV 13 in the US. (The G4 filters are a thin foam-like material, whereas the F7 are like paper in a concertina form).

There are 2 G4 filters, one on the intake from the outside, and one on the outlet where the heated supply air comes out of the machine. I get the impression that the F7/MERV 13 is normally fitted to the intake (i.e. filtering before it gets to the machine), but is there any reason why this is so? Could it be fitted to the outlet on the other side instead? I ask because the G4 filters are washable and cheap and the F7 filters are *very* expensive and not washable. So I prefer to let the washable, cheap filters pick up as much dirt as possible so that I don't have to change the F7 so often.
LordLiverpool

Re: F7/MERV 13 pollen filter on the supply air outlet?

Postby AdriannaMost » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:15 am

One collector will not perform well with all coatings. Each of Air Filters, Inc.'s overspray collectors is designed to provide optimum performance and extended service life for specific applications
AdriannaMost

Return to Indoor Air Quality