Energy Upgrade CA

Insulating existing homes to maximize comfort and energy efficiency.

Re: Energy Upgrade CA

Postby furee » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm

I'm thinking of hiring a guy to check my house. My house doesn't seem to get warmed up easily. Anyone knows the cost?
furee

Postby JimK » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:09 pm

It depends on the size of your house. It's from $250 all the way to $1000. The average is about $500 - $600. Some home performance contractors charge you low fees in hope of you hiring them to do the energy retrofit. Some newly certified BPI (Building Performance Institute) contractors may do it for free in hope of drum start their energy retrofitting business.
JimK

Postby furee » Tue May 01, 2012 10:12 am

Checking a house for $500-600 sounds high to me. What do they really do? How long does it take them to do the work?
furee

Postby Amarion8100 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:31 am

Great sharing...
Thanks for sharing this...
Amarion8100

Postby JimK » Mon May 14, 2012 12:51 am

The home performance contractors test homes with the equipment such as: Blower Door, Duct Blaster, Infrared Camera, Combustion Analyzer, Flow Hood, etc. to locate air leakage around the house. This can take 2-3 hours with 2 persons. They then return with a detailed report and recommendation on what to repair to make your home more comfortable without any more drafty rooms. The repair may be simple or extensive, but you can do it in stages.
JimK

Postby furee » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:26 pm

When will the Energy Upgrade CA rebate expire?
furee

Postby smko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:50 am

Energy Upgrade CA may expire at the end of this year. However, I think it's going to extend for another 2 years. I'll post it here when the decision is finalized.
smko

Postby moshei » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Energy Upgrade CA have licensed building contractors with specific qualifications are eligible to participate in Energy Upgrade California. Interested contractors must attend an Energy Upgrade California orientation workshop through CCSE. :D
They conducted workshop outlines to the contractors on the program resources available to contractors, the requirements for participation and the process of submitting projects for SDG&E and other eligible incentives and rebates.
moshei

Postby smko » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 pm

The attendees have to go through the program and pass the written and field tests before they get their certificates as "home performance contractors". They often times are certified by BPI (Building Performance Institute).
smko

Postby moshei » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 pm

When it comes to energy, your house is a system—insulation, air ducts, windows, furnace and air-conditioning—that works together. An energy upgrade makes sure that each piece functions well so your whole house is more efficient.
An energy upgrade can help you…
* Save energy and lower your bills
* Make your home more comfortable in all seasons
* Improve the air quality inside your home
* Conserve resources and reduce greenhouse gases
moshei

PreviousNext

Return to Insulation