[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - Keeping AC Clean

Keeping AC Clean

Equipment performance, proper sizing to ensure comfort.

Keeping AC Clean

Postby samblount » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:23 pm

I don't know about others, but I live in an area that always requires me to clean the AC out. Well, at one time I didn't and I had to eventually purchase a new unit. That was more annoying than cleaning it daily. Since then, and I know it's a bit early, I purchased a screen from , it's Amazon, but there is also a website .

I have already fitted it to the AC and it fits perfectly. Looking at it, in place, I can see how this is really going to help. One thing I hated about my AC before was how hard it worked and increased my electric bill. I have high hopes that this will solve my problem as I will have to clean it less and nothing will be stuck to the unit itself!
samblount

Re: Keeping AC Clean

Postby dianed » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Are you sure we have to clean it daily? Who has the time to do it!
dianed

Postby veum » Wed May 14, 2014 8:52 pm

According to most HVAC manufacturer, you should have your unit service once a year to keep it in good running condition. No one can have the time to clean it daily.
veum

Postby classg » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:38 am

Yeah it is one of the most important thing you must know because due to the daily running it contains dust and mold which is very important to be clean out to get down the best result.
classg

Postby laurawhite » Tue May 19, 2015 11:18 pm

Thanks for sharing. Well, I think most HVAC manufacturer should have your unit service check once a year to keep it in good condition.
laurawhite

Postby Curtisdavis » Wed May 20, 2015 4:39 am

Once the AC is been installed, its very important to maintain it i.e to clean all the parts of it like air filter, coil etc at regular intervals of time. If it is not possible for you to clean it, there are some companies like http://www.airdexinc.com which provide the Air Conditioning Maintenance Brooklyn services to the customers.
Last edited by Curtisdavis on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Curtisdavis

Postby RichardGarvin » Tue May 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Daily cleaning is very time consuming and I don't have that much time to clean it daily.
RichardGarvin

Postby JimK » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:24 pm

I would follow the manufacturer's instructions and clean it once a year. If I live in a really dusty area I might clean it more often, but still not every day.
JimK

Postby Jerryriley » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:02 am

You can buy the HVAC equipments from anywhere, But for maintenance there are multiple HVAC companies which provide the services for maintenance. So, you must take the help of these experts.
Jerryriley

Postby stevenmacklin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:56 pm

Well it is definitely not possible to clean up an A/C regularly. Nor does a lot of grime accumulates in an A/C in a single day. It is however important that you get any air conditioner cleaned and repaired at-least once in 6 months. There are many HVAC companies with whom you can sign a contract once a year and they will provide you the required services as and when you need. Taking benefit of coupons can also help in saving money while keeping your air conditioner in the best form.
stevenmacklin

Next

Return to Heating, Cooling and Ventilation