[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - To Make Conserving Water Easier

To Make Conserving Water Easier

Tank, tankless, solar thermal, high efficiency condensing, recirculator.

Re: To Make Conserving Water Easier

Postby janmc » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I would say it is very convenient and I love it. I get instant hot water to make tea or coffee whenever I want. I use the hot water to rinse the greasy pans and pour it down the drain. The grease does not get to the sink and the sponge. It leaves less grease to clean afterward.
All that without waiting for the cold water to come to the faucet that can avoid some reheat in the big water tank. Of course I use the hot water from the big water tank if I have a lot of greasy pans to clean.
janmc

Postby janmc » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 am

Oh, the instant hot water standby energy use is 0.605 kwh per day. It's about $36 a year with all the convenient and no cold water wasted. The tank is 2/3 of a gallon and holds 6 cups of hot water. The tank is very small that's why it heats up water so fast.
janmc

Postby Chriis » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:14 pm

I think it's good for very busy people. I just checked the Insinkerator instant hot water system online. It costs $193. How much does it cost to install one?
Chriis

Postby dagrenda » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:15 pm

I had one installed last year. I think it was around $180. The installation was a bit expensive.
dagrenda

Postby jkee » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 pm

$373 for the unit and installation is a bit expensive. I'm not sure it's worth it.
jkee

Postby Chriis » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:19 pm

I think if you use it often, it may work out fine. You can make coffee or tea without waiting. Put the tea bag in the cup and pour hot water in it. It's ready instantly!
Chriis

Postby JohnnyCurtis » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 pm

One way to conserve water is to install a medium size rain collector with filtration system. In this way you will have free supply of water as rainy seasons are abound after summer and during winter. Just be sure it is covered to avoid contamination from microbes.
JohnnyCurtis

Postby Stanleys » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am

Every day, there are many simple little things we can do around the house to save water, money and help the environment. Agree with the tips !
Stanleys

Postby smkwong » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:38 pm

There is water shortage all over the world and also in the U.S. Greywater is becoming the best way to conserve water. Cities in various locations are encouraging citizens to install greywater systems. Instead of using precious drinking water to water gardens people are using filtered greywater from the shower and washing machine.
smkwong

Postby goldn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 pm

I was at a store looking to replace my toilets. The salesperson recommended Toto to me. All Toto's new toilets use 1.28 gallons per flush. The dual flush sometimes don't work so well that you need to use a brush after the flush to brush off the skid mark. Though their prices are high compare to American Standard, $600 vs. $250.
goldn

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Water Heater, Storage and Pipe Systems