[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - "Green" Countertops

"Green" Countertops

Materials that provide healthy living, are renewable or will not harm the environment.

Re: "Green" Countertops

Postby amor » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Eco is the best choice for countertop so far for me. I like it because it's made of recycled glass with soy based bonding. It does not contain resin so that there is no chemical in the product. I know it's very hard to avoid chemicals in our home. I really try to remodel without adding more chemicals to my home.
amor

Postby sheilmolson1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:18 am

If you want to install the countertops then I would say that you purchase from any expert architect who is in the field of construction. It is because these architects, contractors as well as developers are using various educational videos based on LEEDS and they will guide you in this matter correctly.
sheilmolson1

Postby ashtonparker436 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:34 am

This one's pretty hard but of course, your budget has to be one of your most important considerations, right?
ashtonparker436

Postby Qqueen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:02 am

I only know that green counter tops can be slightly expensive compared to the standard ones. If you will not find them at your local stores then don't be afraid to shop for them online. You can even get a better deal by looking for options online. Today there are so many varieties on offer.
Qqueen

Postby Jane » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Linoleum can be an attractive countertop and last for a long time. It's natural and made of linseeds. My grandma has it in her kitchen.
Jane

Postby classg » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:13 am

I have also been looking in for the recycled glass,Can you tell me how and where to get it and also tell me the advantages and disadvantages.
classg

Postby smkwong » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:42 pm

It depends on where you live. For store locations, go to "Store Locator" on their website. It used to have at least five eco home products/materials stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. Then four of them closed down when we had the great recession. The Ecohome Improvement in Berkeley survived. As the economy slowly recovering, there should be more such stores coming back. For now, you can find Eco by Consentino at Home Depot and Lowes. Many bath and kitchen remodel showrooms have eco countertop materials on display, ie, Eco, Icestone, Vetrazzo, etc.

The three most popular recycled glass countertops and main differences:

Eco by Consentino - 75% post-consumer recycled materials, 25% are natural stones and corn based resin as a binder, non porus and maintenance free.

Icestone - manufactured from 100% recycled glass in a cement matrix. Need to reseal every year like granite.

Vetrazzo - 85% of the components are recycled glass, most are from post-consumer sources. And a non-resin binder of Portland cement. Need to reseal every years. Store locator http://www.vetrazzo.com/eng/showrooms/index

Try this link: http://greenremodelforum.com/grf/?page_id=83
smkwong

Postby Jane » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:01 am

I saw some recycled marble countertops at some model homes that I visited recently. They are very pretty but don't know about the care and maintenance requirement. Anyone has experience on these countertops?
Jane

Postby lisagamache » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 pm

neolith1.jpg
Neolith calactta
neolith1.jpg (29.39 KiB) Viewed 4295 times

I have gone through many counter top slabs out of all, is one of the best choice as it is environmentally friendly and is light-weight .Compared to other countertop material it also has high heat and temperature resistivity .
lisagamache

Postby johnvic21 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:27 am

Nice post. Yeah not using a chemical is better for home health.
johnvic21

PreviousNext

Return to Sustainable Materials