[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - It's Easy to Reuse and Reduce

It's Easy to Reuse and Reduce

Materials that provide healthy living, are renewable or will not harm the environment.

It's Easy to Reuse and Reduce

Postby Golden » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Speaking of sustainability, I just recently refinished my bathroom cabinets. It wasn't hard. It just took time. It took me several weekends sanding and staining them. And they look all new again. I feel comfortable enough and ready to do my next project, my kitchen.
Golden

Re: It's Easy to Reuse and Reduce

Postby dagrenda » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:40 pm

I was going to stain my cabinets but decided it would take too much time and I painted them white. They look nice. It also brightened up my kitchen. It looks like I have a brand new kitchen. It took me one weekend including all the preparation.
dagrenda

Postby Tosca » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:09 pm

My kitchen looks small. The contractor and I made some changes to make the traffic flow better. I got rid of the peninsula and have a new portable island. I have new cabinets in my kitchen. Instead of getting rid of the old cabinets the contractor install them in my garage for storage. My garage looks so much neater! Now, I can get out of my car without stepping onto things.
Tosca

Postby Stanleys » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:59 am

There are materials that needs to reuse for saving money to buy a new one and it also help to lessen each expenses for the materials to be used.
Stanleys

Postby rowlandstanton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:27 am

It does take time to refinish kitchen and bathroom but at the end you get a new kitchen and bathroom. Deciding and starting these projects is tough but once you are in it you will stop only when its completely done.
rowlandstanton

Postby veum » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:22 am

Tosca, what a fantastic idea by your contractor. You got all those extra storage space. I bet your garage look great and tidy!
veum

Postby Jane » Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 am

A friend of mine's landscape architect uses those big branches for the top of the fences to add interest to the fences. I think that was very clever. I really like it and will try to use something in my yard before just throwing them in the green container for pick up and turning into mulch. I think its more sustainable by doing that.
Jane

Postby ashtonparker436 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:51 am

Wow. That is a great thing too pursue. Everybody should have the empathy and care for the environment. :)
ashtonparker436

Postby SherlyMalloy » Tue May 13, 2014 11:55 pm

Reusing is the best option we have purchased used with the help of our remodeling contractor and saved near about 40% amount.
SherlyMalloy

Return to Sustainable Materials