Granite Counter Top

Materials that provide healthy living, are renewable or will not harm the environment.

Re: Granite Counter Top

Postby marie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:15 am

I prefer silestone more. I like it the most is no sealing and easy to clean. It is a non-porous stone and it is scratch-resistance and stain-resistance. It is maintenance free.
marie

Postby veum » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:32 pm

I find Silestone is non-porus, scratch resistant, stain resistant, no sealing required and easy to clean. It is almost maintenance free. I like all that, except you can not use crock pots or electric skillets while in direct contact with your Silestone surfaces. But you can put them on a trivet or cutting board to protect your countertop. Overall, I like Silestone. I just have to remember to use trivet or cutting board when using my crock pot.
veum

Postby pres » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 pm

I do like IceStone. They are very pretty. But I don't like the maintenance of resealing it twice a year. I had Silestone Quartz installed in my kitchen. The main reason I chose Silestone is it needs very little maintenance. It does not need resealing. It resists scratching, staining and scorching. I don't have to worry about spills from coffee, wine, lemon juice on the countertop. I do have to avoid using harsh chemicals like many other countertop products.
pres

Postby dianed » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Silestone's non porous surface was my choice. It does not scratch, stain, or scorch (if you want to place a hot pot or a hot pan from the oven make sure you use a trivet, as they can damage any counter top surface including icestone and granite). It is durable and low maintenance, most important to me. I am not crazy about cleaning. When I clean I simply just use soap and water. Easy! Done!
dianed

Postby sheilmolson1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 am

Well I don't think so but if you have doubt for that then I would like to suggest that you take guidance from a good architect or developer or contractor as now a days they are constructing and rating all the buildings according to the rating system by following the LEED educational videos.
sheilmolson1

Postby Stanleys » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:24 am

Granite’s vivid natural color palette and near diamond-hard non-porous surface makes it the ideal material for countertops.
Stanleys

Postby jannereeves » Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Try Recycled glass kitchen countertop, I am using similar one in my kitchen. It is Green as it diverts used glass from the waste stream. Although being 50$ per sq. ft. it can be a bit expensive to use.
jannereeves

Postby ashtonparker436 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:28 am

We have granite counter tops at home and I just love it very much. It really looks so nice. I believe you will love it too.
ashtonparker436

Postby ingedata » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:14 pm

I came accross a very interesting website with more info on this product: http://www.archiexpo.com/architecture-d ... op-78.html
ingedata

Previous

Return to Sustainable Materials