[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - Can I use high gloss tile on my kitchen countertops?

Can I use high gloss tile on my kitchen countertops?

Materials that provide healthy living, are renewable or will not harm the environment.

Can I use high gloss tile on my kitchen countertops?

Postby arthurgautier » Wed May 06, 2015 2:57 am

Hi, guys, recently me and my husband have shifted to our in-laws house. They are quite old that is the reason why they are unable to remodel their house, especially the kitchen area. Either way, the house is way too old. I am thinking that renovating the whole house will going to cost a lot, plus it is quite a task.

We both are in job, so, it won’t be easy for us to keep a check, while renovation goes on. So, I was thinking to remodel the kitchen first.

But, before I hire the labor I just need to confirm that can I use high gloss tile on my kitchen countertops?
arthurgautier

Re: Can I use high gloss tile on my kitchen countertops?

Postby smkwong » Mon May 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Is there a special reason for you to use high gloss tile for countertops? I’m guessing you want to use high gloss to reflect more light to make your kitchen brighter. High gloss anything draws attention and cheap looking. It brings your eyes to the counter first when you walk into the kitchen. Is this what you want? If you have a window and the sun shines onto the counter it can reflect too much light that you may not like it. That’s why you don’t see high gloss on anything very often.
My suggestion is to use light color tiles with a sheen. Light color tiles make the countertops look more spacious and brighter. The sheen help reflect some light. The countertops would look much more elegant.
smkwong

Postby arthurgautier » Tue May 12, 2015 4:39 am

At first I would like to say thank you for your wonderful suggestion to use light color tiles with a sheen, since, light color tiles make the countertops look more spacious and brighter.

Honestly, your idea really worked, still the renovation work is in progress, but, the initial work is quite impressive.

Kindly guide me on .
arthurgautier

Postby kadlysmith » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:28 am

Hello altogether,
Most people are using marble tiles like CERAMIC TILE. But you want to use a high gloss as countertops. I think by using high gloss tile is not such best idea for that as most people’s are using it as flooring tiles. Apart from that this high gloss tile is not having such good quality for countertops as well as CERAMIC TILE which are now easily found in stores like "Wholetiles". Recently, one of my friends is trying to use CERAMIC TILE as countertops instead of another tile by the suggestion of a home expert. So better for you to ask about this to a home expert.
kadlysmith

Can I use high gloss tile on my kitchen countertops

Postby NikodiNen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:02 am

Hi,

For ROHS products, usually we use NON-clean paste and use our ECD9700 to clean it before coating. Now we want to use NON-clean paste and don’t do any clean before coating. Is this acceptable? I think there is risk of reliability. Or we can change to use clean paste and Di-water clean before coating. Is this acceptable?
NikodiNen

Return to Sustainable Materials