[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - Dual Flush Toilet

Dual Flush Toilet

Anything that does not fit the above forums.

Dual Flush Toilet

Postby June » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:25 pm

We were shopping for new toilets to conserve water. We saw some interesting dual flush toilets. If any of you have them, can you share your experience? Do they really save water?
June

Re: Dual Flush Toilet

Postby dmarch » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:32 am

We purchased a Toto dual flush over a year ago. It has never needed plunging. It does save water; the urine flush is only .7 gal/flush. I think it was approx. $250. It is nice looking modern design. It installs differently from traditional toilets. It does not drop down over the bolts like standard toilet. It has a housing that attaches to the same bolts as the regular toilet, but then the toilet itself slides horizontally into this housing. I installed it myself, and I'm not a plumber. The trap is a larger diameter than a typical toilet that's why it does not clog; this is the way European toilets are designed. However there is only a small amount of standing water in the bowl; therefore the bowl will get skid marks from feces sometimes. I read somewhere that this is the trade-off for never clogging. This article said that that's why Americas always have a plunger next to their toilets and Europeans always have a toilet brush next to theirs. I visited some friends that have the same toilet. They had a toilet brush in nice modern container next to their Toto toilet.
dmarch

Postby Jane » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:19 pm

I was looking for dual toilets too. I've heard about the skid marks from the sales person at the Toto store and the sales rep from the Toto manufacturer at a conference. They did not say whether they could make any improvement to eliminate the skid marks. Kohler's sales rep said that their dual toilets have the same problem. The homeowners complained about the skid marks. The 1.28 gallons per flush eventually will be the standard. I haven't decided whether I want to save some water or to have a brush by the toilets. But I will have to decide soon.
Jane

Postby dagrenda » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:45 pm

I was leaning toward the dual flush. After reading the discussions here I have decided to get a single flush. Because of the skid marks, that means you have to clean the toilet more often. I don't feel I would save water by cleaning more often, besides more work for me.
dagrenda

Postby amor » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:20 pm

My Toto dual flush works well. I love it. It saves me a lot of water. My water bill has gone down quite a bit.
amor

Postby Newhomeowner09 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:03 pm

I have just started noticing the dual flush as some of the retailers in my area. In my plans, I am remodeling a bathroom, and these toilets kind of struck my eye. After reading this, I think I will stick with the single flush. I have 3 teenagers at home, and they know how to work the plunger better than the brush! Thanks for the info!

Postby Grahamson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 pm

By using Dual Flush Toilet you can reduce your toilet’s annual water usage by 80%.The average American uses more than 18 gallons of water for toilet flushing. With an 80% reduction, this amount is reduced to about 3.5 gallons, saving about 15 gallons per day, a dramatic decrease in water use and improvement in efficiency.
Grahamson

Postby Jakla » Fri May 31, 2013 9:06 pm

That's a good technology but before this i don't know about it. Here i want to say one thing that why we people spend our lots of money on the places where we go only for shit.
Jakla

Postby Reynaldo77 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:46 am

Very nice and informative post!I have just started noticing the dual flush as some of the retailers in my area. In my plans, I am remodeling a bathroom, and these toilets kind of struck my eye. After reading this, I think I will stick with the single flush.My bathroom floors are totally stripped.
Reynaldo77

Postby Gammer0 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:57 pm

I have to say that I have just started noticing the dual flush as some of the retailers in my area near my house . According to my plans, I am remodeling a my house bathroom, and these toilets kind of struck my eye.But now after reading your topic i get most of useful information about Bathroom stripping.

PHJ Services
5/1 Fortitude Crescent Burleigh Heads QLD 4220 Australia
Phone : +61 7 5520 7733
phjservices.com.au
Carpet Cleaning, Pest Control, Termite Inspections, Termite Treatment, Curtain Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Water Damage Restoration, Mold Remediation, Meth Lab Cleanup, 24 hour emergency service.
Gammer0

Return to Others