[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - Caulking bathtub

Caulking bathtub

Insulating existing homes to maximize comfort and energy efficiency.

Re: Caulking bathtub

Postby HoS » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:42 pm

This is good advice. Not only does it insulate your floors and walls from water damage it can also protect the bathtub as well. You should also caulk the faucet joints around your tub as well so water does not rid to the back of the faucet into your walls.
HoS

Postby dianed » Wed May 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Sometimes caulking around the bathtub or faucets sound like little things, I paid the price of not paying attention to it. It ended up quite a bit of dry rot around the area. If you see anything water may get to it, fix it before it gets worse. Otherwise it will get worse and cost you a lot of money.
dianed

Postby Princess » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 am

I really like this topic since I just replaced my bathtub. I know a bit about it, but now i need kitchen cabinet refacing. Will anyone be able to help?
Princess

Postby moshei » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:42 am

This knowledge that you have imparted will earn a perfect interest a new creativity for being a good details.
moshei

Postby smko » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:35 pm

I know very little about refacing. Have you thought of refinishing? I'm recently looking into refinishing my cabinets. According to what I was told, refinishing can save you 50% or more compare to new cabinets with the same quality. They come to take the doors and drawers back to the shop to strip, clean, sand, stain, and put two coats of varnish. Then they come back to do the same on the rest of the cabinets at your home. I'll have them come to give me an estimate when I'm ready to do the remodel.
smko

Postby Stanleys » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:41 am

In getting the best desire to keep it knowledgeable to create new things to vary a perfect interest.
Stanleys

Postby richardclightner » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Hey..!! Nice and quite informative post. Here you have defined a lot about refinishing an existing bath tub which seems to be quite good. But a few days back some one suggested me about . I don't know anything about it. Can you please suggest me something about it? What is the difference between the two and which one is better. Please compare along with the cost measures, if possible. Thank you..!! :)
richardclightner

Postby davidcoombs » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:42 am

Caulking bathtub sounds great!! Thanks to enhance my knowledge with this topic. Now i am looking for that company which provide me bathtub refinishing and caulking services at limited price.
davidcoombs

Postby smkwong » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:39 am

Bathtub refinishing, reglazing and resurfacing of a tub are all the same. It costs $350-600. The work includes: covering all the surrounding areas, removing old caulking, repairing the small holes, dents or cracks, applying two coats of primer and three top coats, (Make sure you keep the windows open as long as you can to air out the chemicals.) and replacing with new white caulk. it lasts for about three years. If you just want to fix up the bathtub, it's fine to refinish. But if you are remodeling you may want to replace it since you are doing some work in the bathroom. And the new tub is going to last a lot longer.

Bathtub refinishing companies: Miracle Method and Perma-Glaze have national franises. You can also find independent, local companies to compare prices.
smkwong

Return to Insulation