[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - Need Suggestion for Getting Rid of Extra Heat

Need Suggestion for Getting Rid of Extra Heat

Equipment performance, proper sizing to ensure comfort.

Need Suggestion for Getting Rid of Extra Heat

Postby mikebonar » Thu May 09, 2013 5:44 am

My home is situated such kind of place where it get affected shortly to weather changes, these days i am facing extra heat, i don't know there may be some air leakage in my home i can't find, please suggest me what to do.

Best tips to utilize insulation removal vacuums
mikebonar

Re: Need Suggestion for Getting Rid of Extra Heat

Postby smkwong » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:23 am

Sorry, I don't understand how I missed your post.
You are right that your home has air leakage. The leaks are usually coming from the attic, crawlspace, around the windows and exterior doors, and all those cracks and holes in the house. The best way is to hire a home performance contractor to help you. He can find out where the air leaks are by doing a blower door test and using an infrared camera to pinpoint the problems. Be sure you home performance contractor is HERS or BPI certified. If you live in the Bay Area, the Green Professional Directory on this websites are helpful for HP contractors, as well as Energy Upgrade California.
smkwong

Postby murreycharles » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 am

It seems only one reason for extra heat at your home and Air leakage is the main reason. I have a definite solution for this and Windows tinting is the solution which can be helpful to protect you from extra heat.
murreycharles

Postby smkwong » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:50 am

If you have single pane windows apply window tinting is a good idea. That can reduce solar heat gain and the room will be cooler. But if you have gaps between windows and walls or between doors and walls or other areas, heat can come in easily through those openings.
smkwong

Postby Ali22 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:46 am

I want to replace my thermostat with one that allows me to change the temperature remotely or program it from the computer. Any experiences?
Ali22

Postby boblee » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:06 am

There are many thermostats on the market called "smart" thermostats. These are all remotely programmable remotely from a computer or i-phone. In nearly all these systems, you need to sign up to a server (free or with a subscription fee) and you program indirectly through the server. Some thermostats are connected to the servers via one-way radio so you can only program but not read the settings. Others require a wifi router (common these days) in your home for two-way communication. In these models, thermostat settings and readings are sent back to the server periodically so you can actually monitor the setting and temperature remotely. All these model work pretty well and the user interfaces are getting better. You'll be happy with having one.
boblee

Postby KEasterly » Fri May 13, 2016 3:05 am

When summer strikes, keeping your home cool is very necessary for your comfort. There are several easy yet effective methods to address this problem. Let the cool evening air in, keeping your blinds closed, installing an efficient air conditioning unit, etc. are some of them. High indoor humidities can lead to health and comfort problems. Well, to this problem, modern air conditioners dehumidify as they cool. If you have an AC unit already installed in your home, then keeping it well maintained with the help of professionals is very necessary.
KEasterly

Postby StacyJeff » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:53 am

I agree with all the people suggesting to have window tinting.
StacyJeff

Return to Heating, Cooling and Ventilation