To Make Conserving Water Easier

Tank, tankless, solar thermal, high efficiency condensing, recirculator.

Re: To Make Conserving Water Easier

Postby denniscanntton » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:50 am

for that you can use water softener which may be best. it is ISO certified and best in quality.
denniscanntton

Postby smkwong » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Recently at a water show in San Francisco, the ShowerStart shower head caught my eyes. This is how it works: You turn on the water and there is cold water. The cold water keeps running until the water temperature reaches 95 degree F. The showerhead adapter senses the temperature and slows to a trickle until you are ready to get in the shower. And you pull the cord and the shower will return to full pressure. It saves energy and hot water for people who makes coffee or read their newspaper while waiting for hot water to take a shower. The cold water still going down the drain. But it's easy to use with no change of behavior.
smkwong

Postby Jane » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:47 pm

Instead of the water going down the drain, I catch the cold shower water and use it to fill up the bird-bath every day. It's so satisfying to see the birds having fun flapping their wings and splash water all over the area.
Jane

Postby classg » Wed May 28, 2014 8:39 am

The better idea is to stop down the using of shower and the bath as it waste lots of water.The idea of your is good to save nice steps hope many of learn from this.
classg

Postby May » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Greywater is another way of saving water. I just attended a workshop on how to reuse the laundry water for the garden. Since the washing machine already has a pump, the water can be easily pump out and send water to the garden to water the trees or shrubs. Dig trenches and make sure to keep the pumped water underground to water the trees or shrubs. The greywater can be used to water the vegetable garden as long as the greywater does not touch the edible part.
May

Postby smkwong » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:42 am

Check your water company's website for rebates on water conservation devices or products, such as water saving toilets, low flow faucets, turn your thirsty lawn into a native garden. On average, a household uses 10% of water for showers, and 25% to flush the toilets. Over 60% of water is being used on landscaping. Sheet mulching is one of the easiest way to remove your lawn and plant native plants. See slides on this site. http://greenremodelforum.com/grf/saving ... -mulching/
smkwong

Postby JimK » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:09 pm

How about rain water harvesting! Use wood/plastic barrels catch rain water through the downspouts. You can use the water to do laundry, water garden and flush toilets.
JimK

Postby healthydecode » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:09 pm

so great info.Thanks
healthydecode

Postby ritadesai23 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:40 pm

Yes. You can introduce graywater and downpour water gathering and you can spare a considerable measure of water. I like graywater more on the grounds that everyone has graywater consistently. The pipes work may be less complex. For downpour water reaping, we don't have downpour water consistently and you need heaps of barrels to gather the water.
ritadesai23

Postby JimK » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:31 pm

I think laundry water for the landscape is so much simple!
JimK

Previous

Return to Hot Water Heater, Storage and Pipe Systems