[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Green Remodel Forum • View topic - Native Garden

Native Garden

Native Garden

Postby marie » Wed May 18, 2011 1:47 pm

I visited seven native gardens about two weeks ago which was organized by Bringing Back the Native Garden.org. When I first heard of "native garden" I immediately thought of the scenery of cactus in Arizona. "Who want to have all cactus in our garden?" I thought. To my surprise, I did not see many cactus. They can be beautiful and natural. Native garden actually means to use native plants for the garden or plants suitable for the climate and location. With native garden, the plants are already adapted the climate and location. We don't need to add fertilizer, weed killer, and use little or no water. That can be money saving. How nice is that!
marie

Re: Native Garden

Postby Chriis » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:31 pm

I vistied native gardens organized by Bringing Back the Native Garden and Bay Friendly Garden for the last couple of years. They both showcase the gardens with 50% -100% native plants. The gardens use little or no water. They were beautiful and I always enjoy them. Best of all they inspired me to renovate my garden into a native garden.
Chriis

Postby marie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Great idea!!
marie

Postby chirp » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 pm

I live in N. Calif. I want to plant some drought tolerant plants in our garden. Does anyone have a drought tolerant plant list to share?
chirp

Postby smko » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:38 am

Here is the drought tolerant plant list link.
http://www.californiagardens.com/Lists/ ... t_List.htm

Good luck!
smko

Postby Bill » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:20 pm

We live in a hot climate region in the U.S. My water bill in the summer is sky high. After I converted my lawn to a native garden I have saved $800 in the summer months. It saves me a bundle, no more watering, fertilizing, and mowing. I found that I have more time to play with my kids.
Bill

Postby Chriis » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Spring is here! When you are planting, how about plant some drought tolerant plants. It’ll save you some water, a lower water bill and save some money too.
Chriis

Postby marie » Sun May 12, 2013 10:41 pm

I went to a native garden tour and visited five gardens with at least 50% native plants. Most of them don't have lawns. How nice! No mowing! The tour really helped me to see how native gardens look like. When I saw plants I like I took pictures of them so that I know they are native and use them in my garden. I really the Manzenita which have the curvy reddish trunk. I think I have a space for it in my garden.
marie

Postby jeker » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:10 am

Gardening is my favorite hobby, I also have a garden in my house I visited it tow time a day for getting fresh air and oxygen, I grow many plants in it which spreads the fresh smell which makes fresh your mind from stresses.Gardens is an important need of every society because its provide fresh air and oxygen.

Last edited by jeker on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
jeker

Postby smkwong » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Totally agree! Nowadays, there is so much chemicals in home furnishings and household products. Spend some time in your garden to breathe in fresh air would be good for your mind and your health. If you live in the city, take a walk in the park would do your body good.
smkwong

Next

Return to Native Gardens