Mounds Of Dirt On The Lawn

Mounds Of Dirt On The Lawn

Postby Jane » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:37 pm

I noticed several mounds of dirt on our front lawn. Some with holes going into the ground. Some do not have holes. What creature is destroying our lawn? How do I solve the problem without toxic chemicals?
Jane

Re: Mounds Of Dirt On The Lawn

Postby eins » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:01 pm

I think most likely you have grubs in your lawn. The mounds are the signs of the moles digging for grubs. To get rid of the moles you have to get rid of the grubs first. You can dig around roots of grass to find out. The damage areas are usually loose and you can easily roll it back like a carpet. If you see more than six grubs per square foot a treatment is needed. Take care of the grubs with less toxic control by using one of the less toxic materials in the following : Heterorhabditis, Bacteriophora, Colthianidin, Thiamethoxam, Imidacloprid.
For more detail http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r785301311.html
eins

Postby Jane » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks. I tried Imidacloprid for the grubs. I think it is working. My lawn seems to be greening and does not look as brown as before. I saw one new mound though. How do I get rid of the moles?
Jane

Postby eins » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:21 am

The mole was back and trying to look for grubs, thus the new mound appeared. If you got rid of the grubs the mole won't be back again. Be patient.
eins

Postby Stanleys » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 am

Lawn in the garden can help to beautify the surroundings that can also add attraction to the passers.
Stanleys

Postby leilaames » Fri May 02, 2014 2:48 am

I think its a garden mole that must be destroying your garden. There are organics available to get rid of these creatures that you can use.
leilaames

Return to Native Gardens