Where to refinance for my "green" remodel?

Re: Where to refinance for my "green" remodel?

Postby Tosca » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Just a reminder for people who are thinking to buy houses. Because of the housing mortgage crisis and foreclosure homes flooding the market, home prices are back to pre 2000 level. Mortgage interest rates are still low, 4.85%. It is the best time to buy a house if you can afford it. The Fed said interest rate will remain low for a while. Experts predict home prices may go up by the end of the year. Start your house hunting!
Tosca

Postby Tosca » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:06 am

Check with your local government to see if they have any low interest rate on energy efficiency related program. If you you live in California, there is a California Energy Upgrade program. It is partnering with chf Loan, for a limited time, eligible homeowners can get a 0-3% fixed interest rate loan, with a 15 years pay back, to make energy efficiency home improvements. Additional grants up to $1,950 per home are also available. No minimum credit score; no appraisal on the home. There's never been a better and more affordable time to energy upgrade.

Replacing windows, sealing air spaces, insulating walls, floors, ceiling or roof, and upgrading heating and cooling equipment are just a few examples of energy efficiency work that can significantly reduce your household energy consumption and slash your energy bills. More information call (855) 740-8422, or visit https://energyupgradeca.org/overview
Tosca

Postby Tosca » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:26 pm

The Department of Energy is offering Financing on Energy-Efficient Home from mortgages to home improvement loans.

The Federal Housing Authority offers various type of Energy Efficiency Programs that insure mortgage loans to encourage lenders to make mortgage available to borrowers.

Energy Ratings and Mortgages that Energy efficient homes may qualify for mortgages that take into account a home's efficiency with certified energy raters and lenders who know how to process energy efficiency mortgages.

Alliance to Save Energy offers refinancing to make energy efficiency improvements.

For more info. http://www.energysavers.gov/financial/i ... opic=70030
Tosca

Postby Tosca » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 pm

The mortgage interest rate was 3.87% a couple of weeks ago. Its 'been inching up to 4.02% last week. Economists predict interest rates will be around 5% by the end of the year. If you plan to refinance you may not want to delay any longer.
Tosca

Previous

Return to Financing Green Remodel Projects